ALCOHOL & DRUGS POLICY STATEMENT
The Company recognises its health & safety responsibilities as an employer, particularly in relation to the prevention of accidents and the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment.
The Company will endeavour to have in place procedures to prevent, in so far as is reasonably practicable, an offence under any relevant criminal and civil legislation and to monitor the effectiveness of such procedures.
This policy statement and our supporting ‘Fit to work / Drugs & Alcohol’ policy procedures applies to all Hoist Hire Services Ltd employees working on, or visiting any Hoist Hire Services Ltd Offices, premises, workplaces or while on company business.
The Company’s aims and objectives of this policy are to:
- Ensure that all employees are aware of the Company’s position with regard to alcohol and drugs mis-use and the procedure for random and for cause testing and the consequences of a positive test;
- Encourage employees not to cover up for colleagues who may have an alcohol or drug problem but rather to recognise that collusion represents a false sense of loyalty and will in the longer term damage those colleagues;
- Ensure employees who recognise that they have a drink or drug problem, or that they are at risk of developing one, are encouraged to come forward for help and speak in confidence with their line manager where they can gain access to professional support and assistance;
- Identify when alcohol and drug misuse may become a health rather than a disciplinary issue;
- Recognise the need to protect the interests of the Company, its customers and employees while adopting a supportive approach aimed at assisting employees to recognise and address alcohol or drug problems.
The Director for Health & Safety has overall responsibility for the implementation of this policy and testing regimes. It will be reviewed periodically, as required.
All employees have an obligation to take reasonable care for their safety and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also obliged to co-operate with Hoist Hire Services Ltd in respect of matters concerning health and safety, including alcohol & drug testing requirements.
Policy Dated 14/05/21